3月 30, 2007

Zoë : 食環境

Finding a single guy/gal to dine with me is like looking for a parking spot around downtown area during rush hour (ha, sounds familiar right)... Finally met a good Samaritan, who is willing to have a very late dinner (yup, we reserved a table for 9.30) on this last day of 25 for 25.

The restaurant we choose is Zoë, which is located in the Belltown area.

Comparing to Campagne, the food quality is better, and the portion is much larger! Unfortunately, I ain't convinced that I will go back for more--too salty and too sweet.

Here's what I order:
Starter:
Ricotta gnudi with crispy sage in brown butter balsamic vinaigrette sauce.

Entree:
Beef steak with spinach, bacon, pickled onion, and smahed potato.

Dessert:
Chocolate Chantilly pot de creme

The ricotta gundi is the best of all three, and the deep fried sage leaves beautifully sit on top of the ricotta that have subtle smell of cheese.

Teh beef steak is disappointing. I ordered it medium rare, but it looks like rare to me. The center of the steak is not warm enough (and in fact I have minor diarrhea right after I get back home, which could be related...). The steak is also too lean that makes it hard to chew. The potato/veggies mix is really salty. I think the bacon added the extra saltiness.

The chocolate Chantilly is even worse. It's way too sweet to my taste that I can't even finish it. It just keeps irritating my throat...

The good side of this restaurant? The atmosphere. You feel like you're home in this little cozy restaurant filled with customers who all dress like a designer of some sort.

And the great hospitality you received in this restaurant is one of the best in town--you can feel the passion of every single staff in the team.

Oh well, except that they take our order ten minutes after we are seated...

標籤:

0 Comments:

發佈留言

<< Home