11月 26, 2007

My first soft roll

Finally I made my own soft roll!

It took more work than I thought, but it's pretty fun. The recipe, again, wasn't that impressive. The rolls were very simple with basic ingredients: bread flour, fresh yeast, eggs, sugar, salt, milk powder and vegetable oil.

I'll go check out St. Lawrence Market as my friend told me that the store called "Rube's" has all the baking ingredients I need.

***

I think I started to like German wine, even more than France and Italy. I changed my impression to riesling once I tried it yesterday during the wine tasting class. Surprisingly, their pinot noir isn't bad as well. If I had the money, I would stock up on Konigschaffhausen Steingrübler 2005. On nose it's earthy, smoky, cheesy (well, kind of a typical pinot noir, but on the good end). On palate it has nice finish, full body, and well balanced. A subtle of spiciness is added too... Good to pair with pork, veal, grilled salmon, or alike. Chill it before serving for a refreshing taste.

Unfortunately German wine is kind of confusing since they don't have a "region" per se, and the wines are recognized by the town name... the problem is, it's difficult to remember all those names in German...

***

Will have an interview in a kitchen of a huge organic grocery store this coming Wednesday. I'm sure I won't get the job since I'll be out of the country for three weeks next month, but it's good to gain some experience. I'll be tested on knife skills... I'm getting my book out and remember all those vegetable cuts :)

標籤:

0 Comments:

發佈留言

<< Home