10月 16, 2007

What a shame...

I just can't believe it... stupid me...

The math test was returned today, and I got 6 marks deducted all because of careless mistakes:

A) rounded up 309.93 to 400!!! That left all my subsequent answers to that question incorrect... 5 marks deducted.

B) 48.6% of 10000 is? 486

* proof *

And then the large quantity class... my partner threw away all lettuce hearts when we worked on the salad... and we both got yelled at by the chef. How embarrassing. I would have stopped her doing that if I knew what she did...

Good though I got what most everyone got in that class... B+, even though I doubt she remembers what I did without looking at her cheat sheet.

Will try to make a tonkatsu ramen from scratch during intersession week next week.

標籤: ,

7 Comments:

At 4:40 下午, Anonymous 匿名 said...

What does B+ translate to in a percent, anyways? Whatever it is, I got what I deserved in that class.

TONKATSU and RAMEN!? You're my hero!
I wish I had money to go and experiment with this stuff.

 
At 5:54 下午, Blogger euqus said...

Money?! Pork bones donesn't cost much, I assume? And flour worth nothing too... The only thing you need to invest is time... the soup base takes 10 hours to finish it, and the bones need to be breaken down into little pieces using a hammer

 
At 8:19 下午, Anonymous 匿名 said...

Isn't there dashi konbu and bonito flakes too?

 
At 8:25 下午, Anonymous 匿名 said...

You know something I just realized? Why don't we just make something Japanese for the Theory of Food class? Fred's practically in bed with Japan and we can show up people by actually cooking for them. :)

 
At 8:41 下午, Blogger euqus said...

That's a good idea. I think Brian said we're going to J-Town. I'm sure Fred will be OK with that too haha.

I guess the soup would be too strong in flavour in comparing to bonito? Although I'm sure we can't call it Japanese food without it :P

Anyhow, will give it a shot and see how that works out.

 
At 3:12 上午, Anonymous 匿名 said...

Do you mean Tonkoutsu (pork bone) ramen? Tonkatsu means fried pork. The tonkoutsu soup base take a whole day to make.... I've had a tonkoutsu ramen made by a young Japanese guy friend who learned from his grandpa in Japan, that was one of the best ramen I've had... omg.. the bbq pork was so good, just melted in my mouth but I think it took him almost half a day to prepare the bbq pork. Boris, hopefully you can master the technique soon so I can try it :) So hard to find good tonkoutsu ramen....

Q1

 
At 9:35 上午, Blogger euqus said...

Oops, actually I meant "tonkotsu" ramen.... thanks Q1!

Unfortunately my fridge is filled up with consommé and I need to get rid of them before I make more soup.

Also I have yet to locate the different kinds of bones...

 

發佈留言

<< Home