9月 13, 2007

Pouvoir c'est vouloir

"When there is a way, there is a way."

As the French teacher quoted.

French is hard, but thank you for your encouragement along the way! I won't let you down :)

Went to the Italian class tonight. I really enjoyed it. To be honest, it's much better than the French class. I like the style of the teacher, it's so easy to follow and systematic--at least I understand how to pronounce all the alphabets, and hence the words, even though I don't know the meanings. Also we learned how to greet someone formally and informally.

It was a fun class!

Learning a new language is excited and stimulating, since I am not only learning the language itself, I am also learning ways of communicating with each other. It's funny that even though 70% of the class is conducted in Italian, we somehow got what the teacher said (well, actually, except me :)

I guess language just isn't the biggest barrier of communication... isn't it?

***

On my way back home, I found the streets were still packed with people. I think I started to like the city live. It makes me feel that I'm not alone :-)

***

It's been almost two weeks for school. Almost every day when I walk back home I asked myself the same questions,

"What am I doing here? Is it worth the time cutting potatoes and making plain chicken stocks?"

"I mean, I could have spent 8 hours in the office and for the rest of the time I can do whatever I want to do?!"

"Most of my friends set up a family already, well, not just that, they already have kids! Several kids!"

Yeah, I know, I know what I am doing, where I am heading to... but the unknown future soemtimes becomes a haunting scene...

But after reading a blog of my ex-colleague, quoted:

Now with my 30th birthday coming up, I find myself without goals and even odder, without a desire to have anything more.

I suddenly remembered I had once felt exactly the same way. And then I know, I am doing the right thing for myself--however small the step it is now.

I went on to the Crazy Sexy Cancer website, really like what it says,
"Why, when we are challenged to survive, do we give ourselves permission to turely live?"

I guess it's better to let myself truely live now, then when I could have no choice. Comparing to a lot of others, I'm truley blessed already.

標籤:

2 Comments:

At 3:18 上午, Blogger Dan^2InHim said...

March on the road to become a great chef! You can do it one step at a time.

 
At 4:21 下午, Blogger euqus said...

Thanks dan dan!!

 

發佈留言

<< Home