9月 25, 2007

My cooking journal

The banquet/large quantity class is a cooking event that has a special theme each week: the first week we had chicken, last week we had lamb, and this week? Pig! And I really love the habitant pea soup my fellow classmate and I did--it's just awesome! The secret? put aaaaaa lot of fat in it :-) We put in 75+ grams of butter, 150+ gram of slab bacon, and two big chuncks of ham with bone and all the fat attached!

I didn't like soup too much, but now my impression towards it totally changed :-)

Habitant Pea Soup

And on Monday's dessert class, we made some cookies. I was too hurry and ate a few cookies without really chewing on them :-) And the result? I think I hurt my throat badly.

I'm glad I didn't choose to become a pastry chef though, since making good pastries is really not easy! Afterall, I'm not a detail oriented person.... the chocolate lines, for example, were way too thick!

Butter cookies

***

Talked to a chef today who coordinates the Italian program, but he said I need to work in a good kitchen and get recommendation from the chef...

Looks like I need to start working next semester.

標籤:

0 Comments:

發佈留言

<< Home