9月 05, 2007

怎麼辦

I just don't understand, that "Beginner" French class is so difficult! 80% of what the teacher said was in French, and 80% of my classmates konw French in certain degree. I guess that's because of the mandatory French lessons kids need to take till Grade 9. There are a few students who can introduce themselves in fluent French--it's not just ordinary introduciton, but the teacher gave 15 questions where they need to answer and include in their "speech"!

I was totally a foreigner in the class. I really want to quit.

But thinking about it more... you won't get to learn a language unless you really have to use it--I guess (or hope) the teacher is forcing us to come over this anxiety and step out and make mistakes. Then learn from them.

But honestly, I don't really like this method. Anyways, I'll do my best to get over this hurdle.

The teacher gave us a lot of good resources where we can learn French on our own. Probably starting next term I'll start learning on my own.

標籤: ,

5 Comments:

At 9:26 下午, Anonymous 匿名 said...

My very first lesson at Alliance Francaises decades ago was completely in French. In fact the whole Beginners I course was. That's the best way to learn. You don't want to learn to translate; you want to learn the language out right. For example, I still can't handle Fahrenheit because I never learned to experience temperature in Fahrenheit. I still have to translate, say 75F to C, to know how warm it actually is.

Don't despair. You can do it.

AC from CA

 
At 11:37 上午, Blogger euqus said...

Thanks for the encouragement! Even worse.... I'll have a class on Italian tonight.... honestly, I'm note gifted in languages :(

 
At 8:18 下午, Anonymous 匿名 said...

Let me predict that you'll mix the two up!! :-) Hang in there. You'll be fine!

AC from CA

 
At 12:39 上午, Blogger Dan^2InHim said...

Wanna say the same... hang in there! Just imagine the day when you become a great chef speaking French and Italian fluently. Pray to the Lord for zeal and courage. That day is all within God's hand.

 
At 7:25 下午, Blogger euqus said...

Thanks Dan Dan!

 

發佈留言

<< Home