8月 31, 2007

三星

Was talking with a friend about Michelin three-star restaurant, and looks like the food served in Ledoyen is seductive. I wish some day I can try it out! Ha, my friend suggested that I can start a "Ball核史三星" and review the restaurants here. Well, in part that's a good idea. I need to try out more and learn from others :-)

But first comes first, I need to learn enough French. Starting next week it will be a totally different life style--classes start from 8 AM Monday to Friday, with a total of 35 class hours per week--10 hours more than what the program requires, since I am also taking Italian, French, and Wine Appreciation. I'm also thinking of taking Food Styling, which is a 5-day course that just fits in to a week-long school holiday in the middle of October. However the course costs like $1600! I'm still thinking if I should do it. Food Styling is a profession in itself, which basically "stage" the food for good product photography. (On the other hand though, we toss a lot of food nowadays just because they don't look like what it's shown on the glamorous magazines). I think it could be useful to me in terms of marketing and presentation. I'll probably talk to the instructors when my class starts next week and see what they have to advice.

Tried out this restaurant called Cora, a chain store selling only breakfast and lunch, that is located very close to my place. It has extermely long lines during weekends and is pretty packed during weekdays too. I wondered why it's so popular so this morning dad and I went there:



The food is OK... but it's definitely not worth the money :-) Who doesn't know how to cut the fruits and put them on two cinnamon buns??

***

I'm almost done with my photo album! It's much involved than I thought!

I'm going to print it using http://www.blurb.com that has a very good price ($22 for 80 pages 8X10" library quality binding). You can also set a price and sell it on their website and make a profit!

***

The Ebay thingy is finally settled. After all there was a lot of emotions involved, and I did have misinformation on the listing.

Looks like the letter I wrote to the shipping company is kicking the butt of those agents... finally they called me the first time to ask for more infomation a couple days ago. I'm still waiting the conclusion though.

***

Will start working on a Toronto restaurant list and see if I can get a job next year... it's always best to learn from the industry.

標籤:

0 Comments:

發佈留言

<< Home