7月 26, 2007

嘿! ( 送舊不迎新 II)

So far craigslist has served me well, although there are more inquiries than making a real deal. People come and go and calling and bargaining is fun but it started to become a little bit annoying. It's interesting to see people asking for a 50% slash on the price, or send a "certified check" that is most likely a scam, and this lady who bought my lovely party couch said she'll call the cop....

What happened was that this lady who is from the great east coast NYC said she'll drive a UHAUL truck to pick up my couch right away. Since I have a dinner to go to I asked my housemate to take care of the transaction--receive the right amount of money and open the door for her to pick up the couch. I thought it should be a smooth process untill my housmate said that she took away the couch paying $10 short.

OK, fine, $10 isn't a big deal, but I called that lady named Katie anyway to ask her to kindly give me back the $10. And once she knew the reason for my call, she hung up immediately. I called again and again for three times and she just hung up immediately. Until this fourth time she finally answered my call, didn't give me a chance to say anything she said that she would not return the $10 and if I kept on calling she'd call the cop.

Sigh... it's not the matter of how much she owed me, but her attitude towards what she had done wrong.

Oh well, I guess I learned my lesson too--I have to take care of my own business next time.

And I decided to list my stuffs up on ebay now.

The couch that I sold is another lovely masterpiece. It's big enough to sit 10 people comfortably as it's huge--spanning almost 74 feet wide. I have to thank my friend who drove me to preview this couch during work hour :) It was a very hot summer afternoon in Seattle and his car was broken down right after we took a look of it. We sit on the sidewalk for two hours waiting someone to fix the car... it was a funny experience. And then the next day, I rented a U-HAUL and this same friend went with me to pick up the couch! It's hot and humid and the U-HAUL van was just large enough for the couch. Bringing the couch to my basement was another challenge... after a lot of sweating we finally brought it back home. And on my way to return the U-HAUL van, I was caught speeding :( The ticket was fight off, but I paid $300 hiring an attorney....

I guess the friendship behind this couch is what make me treasure it the most.

And what's more moving me? That friend had a surgery just before the pick up...

(that friend said I should add this: those are actually three heavy stones, and we're plain dead after moving it...)

Well, thank you!!

標籤: ,

5 Comments:

At 1:52 下午, Blogger G-i-E said...

You sure the cash she gave is real?

 
At 2:09 下午, Blogger euqus said...

hum... they look like real :)

 
At 8:12 下午, Blogger Dan^2InHim said...

Wow you and your friend must be really strong. I had myself and three other decent guys to move the couch I had when I moved out. Anyways, glad that you have such a wonderful friend.

 
At 1:18 下午, Blogger euqus said...

Yes, I am so blessed!

 
At 8:33 下午, Anonymous 匿名 said...

What did you keep your "friend"'s name anonymous as this friend has appeared frequently on your blog(although i know who he is)? Just curious...

 

發佈留言

<< Home