7月 25, 2007

直到骨肉分離

Butterflying a leg of lamb isn't an easy task, especially to a first timer... I'm glad though the butcher at QFC was kind enough to handle the mess for me :-) However I do need to do more trimming, but it's relatively an easy task. Unfortunately I wasn't able to leave a thin layer of fat... so I guess I have to do something to mend this "mishap". Oh well, I partially did this on purpose since I heard the lamb fat has the most pungent smell. Hopefully things will go well this afternoon.

Reuters reported that one of the short term missionaries from a South Korean church was killed in Afghanistan. AP said that the male victim had 10 bullet holes in his head, chest, and stomach... I'm saddened by the news. Hopefully all of the hostages will be released soon.



Talking about short term missions, I am just approved to join the Rainbow Missions (彩虹工程) to China in this coming December. Our goal will be to serve the local disabled kids in various cities and facilities. I'm gald that I can be part of the team now, since the first time I wanted to join, they're full; and the second time the trip was cancelled because of severe drought (and hence I changed my plan going to Europe instead). Hopefully things will go smooth this time. It appears to be a perfect timing though since my fall semester ends on 12/14, and I'll have to leave on 12/15 joining the rest of the team in either Beijing or Shanghai.

標籤: ,

0 Comments:

發佈留言

<< Home