6月 28, 2007

The whole world + The work = The whole world

Love this statement displayed using neon lights in the Tate Modern. It's such a positive-negative contradiction, isn't it? I love this museum, epecially the last piece of work done by Matisse when he's confined to bed through illness during the last year of his life. Both his passion and the final work are intoxicating. We used to study his painting during the color photography class, learning color relationship in his work. This final piece is definetly the best case of his talnet of making use of color.

Woke up at 5am today. It's been a long day and tiring but everything I saw was so exciting that keeps me awake all the way. I finished almost all sights except London Bridge, which I am planning to visit it early tomorrow morning before packing up. The British Museum is good and a lot of great treasures are there, but after visiting so many museums within the past few weeks, not all displays are as interesting...

At night I went to watch The Drowsy Chaperone, a comdy/musical that is really funny.

I think I like London the most among all other cities I visited. It's such a lively city filled with energy and there is a lot going on to keep you busy--but yet, you can always quickly escape from the busy city life going to see a musical, or enjoy an afternoon in the great museums. Or just indulge yourself in the St. James Park or along the river bank.

I wish I will come back one day. But now, I can't wait anymore going back home. I will fly back tomorrow afternoon from LHR, should be back to Seattle by 9pm--if the American customs allows my entry...

標籤:

0 Comments:

發佈留言

<< Home