6月 05, 2007

What a day...

The first day staying in Venice was really tiring. I start going out by 10 in the morning, and walked for almost 12 hours non-stop -- not even for lunch, coz I stood for sandwiches. The dinner wasn't as good as I thought: I had "Venice style" cuttlefish, which bascially means cuttlefish that is going to rip you off. If not because I need to use their bathroom, I would never end up going to that place...

So every one says Venice was very pretty, but I'm sort of disappointed. May be my expectation was set too high. Well, generally, anywhere that is too touristy is somewhere that I would like to avoid...

Need to get some rest now. Having sore throat.

I wish I could leave for Florence tomorrow night instead of next morning.

(oh, btw, the gipsy thingy: I was afterall too careful... my money bag was tucked way too out of the way that even I wouldn't bother getting money out of it... I guess it's a good thing? )

標籤:

5 Comments:

At 10:50 下午, Anonymous 匿名 said...

Getting a sore throat isn't a good sight. Take it easy. Don't rush. You don't want to get sick.

Agreed; Venice is rather touristy. Still pretty, I think.

AC in CA

 
At 9:59 上午, Blogger euqus said...

I finally discovered it's charm :-)

 
At 10:00 上午, Blogger euqus said...

Oh, btw, sore throat has become better now..

 
At 2:01 下午, Blogger Unknown said...

venice is of course crowded with tourists 365 days of the year, no one would expect it not to be touristy. sure, the canals are smelly, the roads are not very clean, but st. marks square is not pretty??

 
At 6:31 上午, Blogger euqus said...

Actually the canals are not that smelly to me... all I smelt was cigarette smoke and my own sweat! It's hot and moist, particularlly with my photo gear.

Don't get me wrong, it's the people that I don't like about Venice...

 

發佈留言

<< Home