6月 20, 2007

Waiting to cross the border

So I'm in Ventimiglia now, the southernmost French-Italian border. Looks like the French rail will resume late this afternoon, and I will be able to catch the 3:00pm train to Nice (hopefully I can stop by Monaco too, but I'm not sure when their next train will be). Good that it only takes 50 minutes arriving Nice from here, so that I still can explore the city before the sun goes down.

Ventimiglia is another city that's part of the Italian Riviera that is 10 minutes away from France, and only 20 minutes away from Monaco. It has even less tourists than Cinque Terre, while they share the same view of Mediterranean.

It's super hot here. There is a reason why Italians need to have afternoon laps--it's impossible to work without air-conditioning under the heat. However, I still don't understand the reasons behind the absent toilet seats--even though I have to pay for using it.

I slept most of the time during this morning's four-hour train transit. Sitting on the platform alone in the dark (I was in the train station 4.30am) seeing trains hauling containers in transit was pretty scary...

OK, so three hours later I will be in France, and hopfully the French has changed to become as friendly as Italians to those who don't know their language...

標籤:

0 Comments:

發佈留言

<< Home