6月 26, 2007

Starving in Paris

No kidding... I am starving now... didn't have anything eaten for 12 hours and now it's passed mid-night. Not that I am running out of money, but it was a day fully packed:

Went to Musee d'Orsay today and spent seven hours there. It was fascinating! I spent a lot of time in Monet's room. I love all his paintings--so real but also very expressive and imaginative. A true talent. I was also touched by a video showing Renoir using his almost paralized hands (because of serious arthritis) working on sculpture with the help of his assistant!

Then I went to the Opera House trying my luck to get a seat for tonight's performance and luckily I was able to watch a ballet performance in this prestigious building. Too bad I got a seat in a box, right on the side of the hall--which means that I have to stand up in order to get a full view of the stage, which I did... Oh well, the show wasn't as good as I thought, so it wasn't worth the extra money to get a better seat anyway.

Then it was 10pm already, still haven't eaten anything, but I know it's the last night I can get a birds eye view of Paris. So I hurried to Eiffel Tower and trying to go up to the top. Unfortunately the top floor was closed and the line was very long. I waited for over an hour to get to the first floor, and found out that the "City of light" is really nothing comparing to Hong Kong or other big Asian cities. A huge disappointment.

Paris is such a huge city with so much stuff to visit and experience. Staying four nights here is definitely not enough. The people I met here are very talented: a 23-year-old German who just graduated from a law school, a young dancer from Brazil who speaks fluent French and German.... all of a sudden, I found myself being a frog in the bottom of the well for too long. But I guess it's never too late to improve myself right :) The first thing I wanna do, is to learn French. Although I may not get a chance to study here, French is very useful in a lot of aspects--from learning art history to learning the names on restaurant menus/cook books.

I can't say that France is more scenic than Italy, but in a lot of ways though, I like living in France much more than in Italy.

Will be heading to London tomorrow, and I'm all prepared for the expensive living there--for two days.

標籤:

2 Comments:

At 6:06 下午, Blogger Unknown said...

Have fun! I was just in Paris (and Barcelona) a few weeks ago, but it rained almost everyday for the 5 days we were in Paris. I definitely didn't spend half as much time in museum as you did :) It was fun nonetheless. You can find a few of my pics on flickr (mixed with some east coast pics): http://www.flickr.com/photos/ambivalence/sets/72157600341816295/

 
At 12:16 上午, Blogger euqus said...

Hey YS, you were in Europe too! Thanks for sharing the pics. Will take a look at them when I get back to Seattle (the computer here doesn't allow me to copy text :(

 

發佈留言

<< Home