6月 27, 2007

Something left undone in Paris

I have a strong feeling that I will come back to Paris and London some day. It's way too short to stay in these cities for a few days (I can't imagine I can fully experience London in less than a day).

The next time I am in Paris, I will definitely try out the canard a la rouennaise (a.k.a. "blood duck" in Chinese), which essentially is duck cooking in its own sauce made by crunching its semi-cooked internal organs and bones, etc. A cruel process, but it's one of the most sophisticated French cooking method. The machine they use to crunch the stuffs costs several thousands EUR, if one can be found on the market. There is only a handful of such machines in Paris. If you're in the area, you can try out this restaurant:

La Tour d'Argent
15-17 Quai de Tournelle
75005 Paris
+33(0) 1 43 54 23 31

It's a short walk right across the river of Notre Dame (a sight I left unvisited :)

OK, I'm all set for London. I'm not sure how many sights I can visit, but the British Museum and Tate Modern are on top of the list. I am also planning to see a musical or a play.

And have my dinners in China Town :)

標籤:

0 Comments:

發佈留言

<< Home