6月 16, 2007

Last day in Rome

Which is good!!

To be honest, staying three nights in Rome is a bit too much. I spent one day and a half and done all the sites, where today I just went to the National Museum of Rome and did the laundry. While Rick Steves rates the museum three stars, I don't think it's as exciting as the other sites I visited. Although, I saw some ancient Roman coins that are facinating, and some of the statues are indeed pretty good.

It was a horrible night last night again. At around 2am some gangs are throwing stones into our room!!! It was just crazy. At first I thought it's a rare hail storm, but when I heard my roommate yelled at the street I knew something's wrong. They're just crazy. Good though nothing's crack, and I got back to sleep pretty soon. I hate this hostel. They don't have hot water in the afternoon, and it's supre noisy at night. In general, I think I passed the age where I can tolerate the teens....

Last night when I had dinner, I over-heard a couple kind of arguing. The woman wants to go to Italian countryside, like Assisi, to see sunrise and sunset; while the man says it's not necessary blah blah blah... I really wanted to tell them that it's much worth going to the countryside than staying in the city! Yeah, I guess I like the unpolluted unadulterated party of Italy with rolling hills and breath-taking landscape. Sitting on top of the hill having a glass of wine, prosciutto, and fresh seafood....

I guess that's the Italian style of romance.

And I'm going to do just like that--tomorrow I will start heading to Cinque Terre, a combination of five Italian riviera cities. I'll also visit Pisa. I'll probably go to Lucca too as an excursion.

Oh, one more thing, it's not worth it to get a Eurail pass. It doesn't save a lot of time since I have to wait in the line to reserve for the seats; and it costs more than just getting the ticket--since you have to pay 5 EUR for the reservation, and the ticket is usually cheaper than a single trip on Eurail if you average out the cost.

標籤:

0 Comments:

發佈留言

<< Home