6月 24, 2007

Exhausting Louvre

Louvre is extremly exhausting! I just spent 7 hours in it and I still haven't finished all the floors... yup, I have left the top floor undone since it's not that interesting I think, and there are way too many people as the tours start coming in after lunch. I think I have seen way too many sculptures and Renaissance/Gothic type of art recently, so I'm not sure if I want to see more in Versailles. I may do Orsay museum...

What else can I tell about Paris? I don't know... I think I haven't experienced enough about the city, and at this stage of the trip, all I want to do is have a good sleep--on my own bed! I started to missing all the "good" Chinese food in Seattle, and the chopsticks at home. And finally I start to appreciate the fact that eating with Ho Gor every night is actually a blessing. Oh, and of course, the toilet seat: they finally come back in France, but they don't usually have the paper seat cover--I wasn't aware how fortunate I am when I was in America where the worst public washroom provides seat cover!

The metro in Paris is complicated (well, as compared to the bus systems in Seattle, or MTR in Hong Kong...), and some lines are kind of rundown. The transition isn't that seamless. Good though the signs are well-posed so I didn't get lost yet.

Met a few friends in the hostel who are also solo travelers. Every one of them are very surprised when I mentioned that I worked for seven years already... They all thought I'm 23 years old, maximum!

So tired, not even physically but also mentally/spiritually. I can't imagine how people can be away from home for three months doing nothing but traveling...

Hum, do I like France? I don't know... although living in France seems to be better than in Italy (because of the better train and cleaner streets), Italy seems to be more senic overall--and in closer proximity too.

I will have to make a flight transfer in Toronto when I go back to Seattle. We'll see if I can stop by home.

Going back to Seattle will be another hectic start... although the house is rented out (principalling :) but I still need to clean it up, fix a few things, and sell my stuffs. Packing would be another major task I'll have to get done soon...

標籤:

0 Comments:

發佈留言

<< Home