6月 07, 2007

Camping in Florence

Yup, I can't believe it, the hostel is located 30 minutes bus drive away from the city center, and 10 minutes hike after getting off the bus. It's a huge mansion surrounded by a big campground and vinyard. It's a very nice place. The hike is full of intense aroma from various plants, and there are hundreds of birds singing along the way--it's something that I haven't experienced even in Washington. Too bad it's having thunderstorm just after I settled down (and thankfully it happens just after I got to this place). And, looks like I'm in the same room with a few Japaense girls :-) and I couldn't find a WC/shower for destinated sex....

Italians in general are pretty helpful, at least in Florence. Although we practically do not understand each other, I always get what I need to know. There was this old man on the bus helping me asking the driver to let me off when it's my stop!

Oh, last night when I'm done with the Vivaldi ensemble, I strolled around the city one more time. It was then I started to feel the charm of the city. The canals are quietly reflecting the street lights, with a few gondolas passes by with people chatting quietly along the way... the square is filled with groups of friends and lovers.... it's truely a romantic city. I wish I was with some friends sitting in the square with a bottle of wine, enjoying the music from the nearby cafes.

But then... what's interesting was that I overheard someone arguing when I was waiting for the water-bus. It's a very funny conversation that's around the other side of romance--nasty sexual relationships...

Looks like I'll be enjoying the heavy thunderstorm for some time. Perfect timing. I can now get some real rest!

標籤:

0 Comments:

發佈留言

<< Home