6月 27, 2007

Bring me home, bring me peace

I love London! It's such a lively, busy city. People here seem to be more "civilized", more polite, and a lot more stylish than Paris and other cities in France and Italy. My hostel is located very close to the SOHO area, which is filled with good restaurants and pubs. All the theatres and the China Town are nearby.

The food in China Town isn't good, as expected, but costs a lot less than I thought. I can even afford going for a late night Vietnamese noodle soup.

I went to Leicester Square to get a discounted musical ticket. It's very difficult to get one as I was there 30 minutes before any show starts. I chose Les Miserables, even though I watched it once in Seattle. There is a lot of songs I love in this musical. It turned out to be really good. I almost cried out in the finale when Valjean was dying--every one who died in the story died with something accomplished, and they died without any regret. Yeah, it's true that the students died without a successful revolution, but at least they fought for their dream...

Tomorrow will be very busy as I will try to pack all the sights into one day, and catch another muscial (may be Fame) at night.

標籤:

2 Comments:

At 10:06 下午, Anonymous 匿名 said...

Have you not heard that "when one is tired of London, one is tired of life"? I love London. I stayed at a London YHA hostel long, long time ago. Couldn't remember if it was Oxford Street. (It could be Earl's Court.) Just remember the kitchen was huge but empty -- no pot, no utensil. All got stolen I supposed. After staying in some resort-like YHA hostels in other parts of England and Scotland, I was shocked by this one.

AC from CA

 
At 1:48 下午, Anonymous 匿名 said...

I saw Fame in London too. The real pleasant surprise was actually when we stood outside the Royal Theatre/Opera House (can't remember the name) and watched an live opera from a huge big screen!

I love Tate Modern.

London is great but my favorite English City is Cambridge. So green, romantic and charming!

 

發佈留言

<< Home