5月 07, 2007

Lost in translation

So I used hihostel.com and found out this hostel in Venice that is really cheap (three nights for only 60 EUR). Unfortunately they don't really know English and when I asked if they have late check-in my line got dropped.

Alright. I got what I hoped for: culture shock.

(Actually, do they even exist?)

Venice - Venezia, Italy
Fondamenta Zitelle 86
Isola della Giudecca
30133 Venezia (VE)
Phone: +39-041-5238211
Fax: +39-041-5235689
E-mail: venezia@ostellionline.org

Searching on Google map the hostel is located in the middle of the water.

Looks like Venice is really vanishing. Quickly.

OK! Found out these phrases. And my personal agent just taught me how to pronounce them correctly. Hopefully this will help:

Buon giorno (sounds like "bwohn JOR-noh" means "Good day")
Parla inglese? (sounds like "PAR-lah een-GLAY-zay" means "Do you speak English?")

If they answer "Si", that's good....

What if they say "No"?

"gi-OR-jo ar-MA-ni"

It's good though I got my Academia and Uffizi visits reserved, and the operator's English is not bad at all :)

標籤:

0 Comments:

發佈留言

<< Home