5月 20, 2007

命運在龜殼裡天馬行空

Just had lunch with a friend (actually my ex-boss) who has the ability of telling fortune by studying your Chinese name (and according to him, it doesn't limit to Chinese names). We talked a lot around the topic, and it's funny learning that they do put in some coins in a turtle shell to tell your fortune.

He suddenly asked what my Chinese name is, and out of curiosity I gave him my name... and guess what, he started to 占卜....

Oh well, most of what he said about my past was, unfortunately, wrong... In fact they're exactly the opposite:

2005 had a good relationship with a girl, but in fact I broke up with my ex...
2005 had a lot of unexpected income, but in reality I paid a lot to buy a house...
2002 was the happiest year, but I couldn't recall what made me so specially happy that year...

Ha, one thing he said correctly though: I'm a man who is an idealist, too much idea that I am always 天馬行空 :-)

I'm glad though, my fate has totally been changed since I became a Christian. In fact I do believe that my life is planned, and whatever is going to happen will only do good to me and to the people around me-- eventually.

Besides, after visiting the unnecessarily commercialized "wilderness" for some time, I have a better understanding of myself, that, my life is really nothing. In less than 40 years or so, I may just become the red dirt in the desserts of Arizona, or several white sands in New Mexico...
Man's fate is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath; man has no advantage over the animal. Everything is meaningless.

All go to the same place; all come from dust, and to dust all return.
Ecclesiastes 3:19-20

And I remembered the starry nights... we don't even know how many stars we have in total above our heads, how can we tell our fortune from reading the stars?

Oh, btw, my friend said that by knowing what's going to happen to you, you can do something to avoid it. For example, if in fate you are going to have "血光之災" this month, you can go donating blood so to avoid what's going to happen that can be worse.

Ha, no wonder I saw him donating blood from time to time (and I admired his being kindhearted...).

標籤:

0 Comments:

發佈留言

<< Home