5月 16, 2007

悽悽慘慘戚戚

(Trying to clean sand off from the camera at White Sands)

The pics from NM are all processed... guess what? They all turned out bad!!

So here's the story:
I got a new polarizer for my lens, and I put on the hood that came with the lens. Since this is a wide angle lens I checked it "carefully" when I purchased the polarizer making sure that the hood won't appear in the picture.

But I forgot one important thing: check with the smallest aperture.

The hood and the polarizer work great when I'm using f11 or below... but I was shooting with f16 for all pictures, and this is when the hood came appearing on the picture.

Why wasn't I able to catch it when I'm shooting? Coz I'm only using the focusing magnifier that only provides a good view of the center of the picture. Besides it was too bright so I wasn't able to see the picture under the hood...

Anyways, so much for execuses.

I learend a lot... in a hard way. Will definitely use a prism, even though it adds another pound or two...

Fortunately, my friends got a lot of good pics--using their 3.7oz point and shoot :-)

標籤:

2 Comments:

At 10:05 下午, Anonymous 匿名 said...

Don't feel bad; we all made that mistake at some point! Why hasn't anyone crop an image into an octagon?! May be you can try.

AC from CA

 
At 6:51 上午, Blogger euqus said...

Yup! I felt much better when my instructor told me that he did the same thing in Mexico :)

 

發佈留言

<< Home