5月 05, 2007

在機場與機場之間周旋

It's a day of bargaining.

I'm trying to get a cheap ticket going from Heathrow to Venice, but unfortunately a lot of airlines seem to have abandoned Heathrow, except Alitalia... for some reasons though, Alitalia keeps changing its price and it went up to $212 from $160 within a few minutes. It's just frustrating. After a few hours of searching (yes, no kiding, I spent a few hours just to get a single ticket...) I decided to go with British Airways--which is even cheaper than the "discounted" Easyjet.

I have to depart form Gatwick though, and I have eight hours in between this connection (I will arrive on Air Canada 6/4 at 10.30am, leaving London at 6.30pm). I guess I'll just take the train to downtown London and have a quick visit to the British Museum....

The thing that worries me is that I won't arrive Venice until 10pm, and since the airport is located at least an hour away from the city, I guess I won't be able to have a real sleep until after midnight--for two days. Given that Venice has a lot of alleys and streets, my chance of finding the hostel in one shot is slim. Oh well, may be I should just stay close to the airport at the first night of stay....

The next step is to study various schedules of public transport... without any knowledge of Italian, this ACTV seems to be difficult.

***

Finally I put down some earnest money for installing a new bath in the basement. I'm pretty happy about the final quoted price--it dropped from $5000 to $4200... Ha, I'm sure they've marked up the price a lot. Hopefully this expense/investment will have a good return in the near future...

標籤:

0 Comments:

發佈留言

<< Home