4月 10, 2007

Crush: Spendy trendy

Last week a few friends and I went to Crush, a two-year-old restaurant located on E. Madison, Seattle.

First of all, I'm impressed by their hip design decor--especially their Pandon chairs! Unfortunatley, to be honest, it's a bit too much if you know what I mean. If I were to redesign it, I'd choose something stylish but not plastic to match the "classic American" style of the building (yup, it's a house-converted restaurant). The Pandon chairs would be a great match with an overall space-age designed restaurant, but probably not this house :)

The service is pretty good. The waiter is knowledgable about the food on the menu! I mean, some waiters care nothing about what they're serving and that always piss me off. Talking about waiter, I used to think that it'd never ever be a job that I would like to do. But now that I'm planning to look for that position (while I'm in school), I need to change my mindset... I remember I once heard from the movie The Gold Rush directed, again, by Chaplain, that a waiter is someone who serves, but not a servant in itself. It's like God serves us, but He is not a servant to us. Interesting perspective, isn't it?

Anyways, talking about the food of Crush, I can't say that it's exceptional, but they're done right to me. I mean, the food tasts good mostly because the ingredients are fresh and have good flavour, so I guess it's relatively easy to cook them right.

I liked my lamb chop a lot--it's very juicy and has strong flavor coming from the melting fat; unfortunately my friend who ordered the same thing had exactly the opposite experience: his lamb chop was done way too rare and it's not juicy at all. Incosistensy isn't something any successful restaurant should have, not to mention that the two chops were done at about the same time!

The desserts were something that I wished I had passed. The nougatine was way too sweet to me. Talking about nougatine, I didn't know that it's one of the famous products in Canada!

Will I go back again? I probably would--if they are not so pricy.

Read on other reviews:
Yelp
Tastingmenu
CitySearch

標籤:

0 Comments:

發佈留言

<< Home