3月 03, 2007

見死不救吃喝拉撒的動物

Today I found out that I am accpeted by the school... I have until May 1 to accpet the offer.

I guess I still have not realized the risk of quiting my current job and entering a field of unkonwn working towards my "dreams". I was still laughing if off when poeple reminded me repeatedly that I am heading a future of no future, especially at this age in life.

Whenever I heard of these warnings, honestly, my other part of me tells me just to quit. Wouldn't it be easier for myself, and for people around me, to see my life continues as it is now? Sure, I won't get very excited staying in this field doing more or less the same job over and over until 30 years later. But does that really matter? I can earn enough to support my expensive hobbies, to continue the mortgages, and probably set up my own family easier? What do I want? Who do I think I am? You want to change the world? Forget it. With limited time, limited opportunities, and limited everything, the world won't change because of me.

*proof*

I feel like I'm giving power to these thoughts as I write them.

This song... is telling the truth to all "idiots" who don't want to follow the rules....



(白:……還沒有熟的一個果子,然後一些人就很餓,饑不擇食,然後忽然發現一個果子以後,撲上去把它摘下來吃了,一口吃下去,甚至於連嚼都沒嚼就咽下去,咽下去以後發現肚子痛,然後又苦又澀的感覺,你說他應該不應該吃,你要說不應該吃,他餓;你要說他應該吃,他吃的是個澀的、是個不可以吃的東西……)

你的踏板車要滑向哪裏
你在滑行裏快樂旋轉著
有人看著你為你祝福
我曾經和你有一樣的臉龐

如今這個廣場是我的墳墓
這個歌聲將來是你的挽歌
你會被教育成一個壞人
見死不救吃喝拉撒的動物

請你不要相信她的愛情
你看黎明還沒有來臨
請你不要相信他的關心
他的手槍正瞄準你的胸膛

如今這個廣場是我的墳墓
這個歌聲將來是你的挽歌
你會被教育成一個壞人
見死不救吃喝拉撒的動物

啦啦啦啦啦

(白:……我一直預感著有一場災難要來的,可來的太快,而且扎扎實實的就落在我頭上,是我最怕生事的人的頭上,它奪去了我最心愛的兒子……)

《廣場》 by 李志 (2006)

Courtesy of 燕窩


Didn't the students are told not to stay in the square for their parents' sake? What is the reality now? Where are those who were fighting for their dreams?

At a time like this, when I am emotionally defeated, quotes like these help a lot:

“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:9)


Christopher Gardner: [to his son] You got a dream, you gotta protect it. People can't do something themselves, they wanna tell you that you can't do it. You want something? Go get it. Period.《The Pursuit of Happyness》


人不發夢枉少年!

****

無國界義工 has some good programs that target at rebuilding old school buildings in rural parts of China. May be one day, I could set up a cooking school there too :-)

標籤:

1 Comments:

At 5:03 下午, Anonymous 匿名 said...

Good questions, "What do I want", "who do I think I am?" But the most important thing is who are you in God's Kingdom and what does God what you to do to fulfill His will in you? The bottomline is how the changes (or no change) is going to glorify God and allow you to do his great commission.
KT

 

發佈留言

<< Home