1月 03, 2007

What's going on....


01. Finally 陳奕迅's 《What's Going On...?》 has arrived. It's kind of disappointed since the packaging is pretty ugly--the main color is pretty dull, and the pictures are... sigh. Overall I think the design doesn't look good to my taste.

Interestingly enough, many of this year's albums have a similar tone in color: 笑忘書, Unlimited, Show Everywhere, 我著10號, Hit Me, etc.

Is this a trend?? If so, hopefully 2007 will be totally different.

02. Looks like I'm not going anywhere but Toronto. I just checked today that Paul Bocuse Institute requires DELF level B2 (which means you need to be fluent in reading and listening in French)--a requirement I obviously cannot fulfill by March.

As for CIA, they require a six-month professional experience before entering the program! Sigh, forget it. So ridiculous.

The only school I'm looking into, as a result, is Geroge Brown Chef School located in Toronto. It may be a good thing after all, since I can get a part time job, and stay closer to the family.

03. My most admirable friend sent me a message saying CNN mistakenly spelled Obama when they actually meant Osama (see news here ). Being so ignorant I asked, "Who is Obama?" And my friend teased me for an hour from that point on.... sigh.... I guess instead of skimming through just the headlines, I really need to go into the details. Well, at least turn on the radio/TV.

04. Can someone tell me what's the best way to learn French with the least financial burden? I looked into the UW Extension and French 101 costs a shinning grand. Yup, online only where you need to record voice mail and send it back to the instructor to evaluate your oral assignment.

05. How much does 200 calories look like in layman term? Look at this...

06. Luther Vandross's 《Dance With My Father》 is a very touching song. Although that day will eventually come, we'll all dance again, in that better place.

If you want to listen to this song, it's the first one on my play list.

Dance With My Father

Back when I was a child,
Before life removed all the innocence,
My father would lift me high,
And dance with my mother and me,
And then…
Spin me around til' I fell asleep,
Then up the stairs he would carry me,
And I knew for sure I was loved

If I could get another chance,
Another walk, another dance with him,
I'd play a song that would never never end
How I'd love love love…
To dance with my father again.

Ooooh…

When I and my mother would disagree,
To get my way I would run from her to him.
He'd make me laugh just to comfort me,
Yeah yeah…
Then finally make me do just what my momma said.

Later that night when I was asleep,
He left a dollar under my sheet.
Never dreamed that he, would be gone from me.

If I could steal one final glance,
One final step,
One final dance with him,
I'd play a song that'd never never end.
Cos I'd love love love, to dance with my father again.

Sometimes I'd listen outside her door
And I'd hear how my momma cried for him
I pray for her even more than me…
I pray for her even more than me…..

I know I'm praying for much too much,
But could you send back,
The only man she loved.
I know you don't do it usually,
But dear Lord she's dying,
To dance with my father again.

Every night I fall asleep and this is all I ever dream

標籤: ,

0 Comments:

發佈留言

<< Home