1月 30, 2007

Money, Position, or Glory?


Got a lot of books recently, one of them is Guy Kawasaki's The Art of the Start: The Time-Tested, Battle-Hardened Guide for Anyone Starting Anything.

I picked it up and read a few lines while I was having dinner, which reads:

Many years ago Rudyard Kipling gave an address at McGill University in Montreal. He said one striking thing which deserves to be remembered. Warning the students against an over-concern for money, or position, or glory, he said: “Some day you will meet a man who cares for none of these things. Then you will know how poor you are.”
– Halford E. Luccock


That is indeed striking. It reminds me if I have to start anything, the ultimate goal should be something that is larger than money, position, or glory. Something that will be honored by Him.

Something that should be achieved whether or not I am to start building or not...

Hopefully on that day, He will say to me,

"I have tested you, and found you worthy."

標籤: ,

0 Comments:

發佈留言

<< Home