1月 26, 2007

浮世繪

Looking back to my banners, it's like telling a story of mine over the past year. Every banner represents a stage in life, it can be struggles, it can somehting that is delightful, something dull; and something colorful.




浮世:源自於佛教用語,意思指:繁華放任、卻又虛無短暫的塵世。(link)


So what's the purpose of life if it is so hopeless?

This week has been hectic. I've been working working working and working late till mid-midnight all the week, except Monday.... and didn't have dinner until after I got back home... and then start working again.

Finally I undersatnd why people can work 80+ hours per week: once you've passed a certain threshold, you'll want to stick with it :-)

One night when I was riding the last bus back home, Pastor Shiu's sermon about heaven suddenly popped up in my mind. What he mentioned wasn't anything new to me, but the insights was different.

I'm so glad that I have only one chance to live on this world, that I don't need to come back again.

Don't get me wrong, this world is indeed beautiful, since it's created by God!

But there is a better place out there, where we work, but don't need to OT; where we work, but don't need to be laid off; where I can pursue my "career", but don't need to worry about not having enough to feed my family.

Right now, I'm already living in the prototype of heaven :-)

標籤:

1 Comments:

At 7:29 上午, Anonymous 匿名 said...

I like the Estonia picture.

80+ hrs week??! Hang in there buddy! Do some good cookings to unwind yourself once work has become less hectic... :)

 

發佈留言

<< Home