1月 08, 2007

蘋果在外的蘋果批

評分:70
Le Pichet
1933 First Ave, Seattle, WA
Cuisine: French

I heard a lot of good reviews for a Seattle French restaurant Le Pichet so I decided to go give it a try with a friend tonight.

Le Pichet (meaning "The Jug") is located at the corner of 1st Ave and Stewart in downtown Seattle. It's small restaurant with high ceilings, white tile floors, and tables packed back to back together. The restaurant wasn't full tonight, you can't believe this little place is quite loudish.

As soon as we were seated, the waitress gave us two little pieces of buttered toasts, topped with a soft, very light taste cheese and a piece of radish. It was awesome--the texture, the taste all mixed and matched perfectly, and we were all indulged immediately to the menu.

For "les entrées", we chose "Pàté albigeois", which is a pork pàté served with honey and walnuts. We also ordered another pork pàté, but mixed with foie gras. Both of them tasted OK, but I'm not a big fan of this kind of appetizers.

For the main course we ordered Fish of the day roasted with mustard-onion crust, on stewed veggies. We also got a Preserved duck leg on sauerkraut. Both of them are very rich in taste, and supposedly they are very authentic French food. My friend thought that the leg was done pretty good, since the skin was very crisp, while the fat laid under it wasn't too thick but provided the juice. The meat was marinated well and was really soft. I totally agree with my friend, although I don't think it was presented well to my taste, and the fermented veggie was just a bit sour to me--well, I mean too authentic :-)

I tried my friend's fish, and it was just what I had expected: rather dried. The mustard onion crust was a bit overwhelming and covered the sweetness of the fish--if it had any. Which I doubt since it was probably previously frozen.

For dessert we ordered something like an "apple pie", with the caramelized apple cubes placed aside, instead of inside, to the pastry puff. Again, the presentation wasn't as good as I thought, and the fact that they separate the apple from the puff was an interesting idea, just that I don't really like it.

May be that's their style? Everything is done technically perfect, just that when they're put together they somehow cannot create a surprise.

Overall, I am quite happy with this restaurant as the food is pretty French authentic, uninspiring though it may be.

(Oh, my friend complained to me just now the MSG level was quite high that my friend woke up in the mid-night craving for tea. And now I remember I couldn't get into sleep for a while since my heart was beating quite fast and hard. Hum, MSG effects?)

標籤:

2 Comments:

At 6:54 下午, Anonymous 匿名 said...

can you take some pictures of the food (sushi..yes!) next time you go out to complete your evaluation. Merci!


toddles!
miranda prestly/sherman shrader/glen/the dark lord/lafunduh/kip/napoleon/katerina!

 
At 7:13 下午, Blogger euqus said...

OK, will do will do.

 

發佈留言

<< Home