12月 15, 2006

住了罷!靜了罷!

Last night was horrible. The deadly wind storm arrived slightly after 10pm, which claimed lives of four people, causing power outage to one million people around the Seattle metro area, and the fallen trees smashed houses and blocked numerous roads. At least two of my neighours lost their homes as the fallen tree split their houses.

Thankfully, my house stayed intact. And thanks for a reminder from a friend, Hor Gor and I moved down to basement to sleep, since we're surrounded by huge pine trees.

We lost power shortly after midnight, and when I looked out to the windows, the trees were blown as if they're grass. The noise was horrible. I was terrified.

All of a sudden this verse came to my mind:

我必安然躺下睡覺,因為獨有你 ─ 耶和華使我安然居住 。-- 詩篇 4:8
I will lie down and sleep in peace,
for you alone, O LORD,
make me dwell in safety.
Psalm 4:8


****

Apparently people are happy about the power outage. When I called my group memebers about the fellowship cancellation, some of them are already off from work, and some of them are having hot pot!

標籤:

0 Comments:

發佈留言

<< Home