11月 25, 2006

Lovely Toronto

I haven't come back home for almost a year already, partly because of several family visits during the year, and partly becuase I thought I didn't quite like Toronto.

But this time, I found this place lively and lovely.

Here's a brief summary of the trip so far:

Thursday 11/23
I slept for half an hour before leaving for the airport. Big thanks to Willis who was kind enough to drop me off at the airport by 6am (and a couple of freinds chatting with me online to "keep me awake" kaka).

At the airport I met a couple of friends how are traveling at around the same time. One of them was going to Toronto on the same plane too!

Talking about the plane, I just love it. It's a brand new Embraer 190 that has individual seat back video--I watched three movies during the 4+ flight (of course, with fast forward). I think JetBlue is using the same fleet as well.

Friday 11/24
Part of this trip's mission was to kill as many films as possible, so parents and I decided to take a long walk to the China Town and take some pictures along the way. Oh, I needed to take this many pictures so that I have something to print during the last week of my photography class.

Toronto definitely has definitely become more and more crowded. There are a lot of new condos built around my area. It's particularly warm this year too, and may be that's why a lot of people are on the street shopping, playing music, and expressing themselves through drawing on the roads, etc. What a lively place!

Saturday 11/25
Second day of shooting and I'm dead tired. I walked on the street for over six hours non-stopped, hauling three lenses and a camera around the city. I went to St Lawrence Market--a place that's like Pike Place market but it's like three times bigger. I bought a piece of duck breast and llama lion for Monday's dinner.

Llama! Yeah I know, I don't know how to cook it yet, and it's pretty scared when I think of what they look like. Oh well... too bad they are running out of venison steak...

I also went to BCE Place, where I stopped at a picture gallery that showed how successful the Hungarian refugees were 50 years after they fled from their homeland. I was amazed how devoted they were to Canada--they treated this adopted home their home... I mean, they never thought of going back, and they wanted to give back to this society after their success (most of them were like CEO or founder of public companies like Barrick Gold, Member of the Parliament, film producer, artist, etc).

How different they are then the Asian immigrants--a lot of us are always thinking of going back...

(Sorry no digital photos this time... I'm forcing myself to use film, although it's expensive :(

Talking about expensive spending, I rented a full set of studio lighting equipments and a studio tomorrow--I am planing to do some family portraits!

1 Comments:

At 12:12 下午, Anonymous 匿名 said...

Willis is not kind, he is mean.

Wuster

 

發佈留言

<< Home