11月 30, 2006

重新去...

擁有。

Right, although I'm going to get an "incomplete" from Seth, I can still enjoy the process of completing the incompleteness.

After printing in the darkroom for four hours, I have finally finished 5 photos. So together with another three I did earlier, only two are shorted!

Bumped into Seth tonight and was talking about the book I lent to him. He said he hasn't finished reading it so may be I will get it back later...

Here's the pictures. For some reasons I found it having more character than digital--or is it just bias? I don't like the picture titled "Catwalk", since I can't get rid of the bluish color cast. May be I'll redo it tomorrow before the class



Talking about pictures, I really like the food photography of MOS burger, it looks so fake, so beautifully fake...



***

Emailed a couple of culinary schools over the past few weeks, and looks like I narrow down to two, both of them are in Canada (since I can work part time :-)

The first one is Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts in Vancouver, where it takes only six months to complete the course. A friend of mine went there and got an offer from a celebrity international pastry chain store in HK. They have one seat avaialble for the winter quarter commences on Jan 4.

The next school is George Brown Chef School in Toronto. This is one of the top tens in North America, and they have a waiting list for this coming quarter. The next commencement will be in Sept 07, and it takes half a year to two years to complete the program, depending on which program I choose. Although I like Vancouver more than Toronto, the living cost is lower since I can stay with my family, and being close to them.

Hum... which one should I choose?

***

SAS Christmas calendar has started. Looks like the price is a bit higher than last year. For 12/1, they're offering $400 round trip from Seattle to Oslo.

3 Comments:

At 5:53 下午, Anonymous 匿名 said...

Choose the one with higher reputation. Grasp only the best, not the shortest.

 
At 10:53 上午, Blogger 村上迷 said...

You should check out the schools in person if you could. The Vancouver school is not that far and we have been there before. You will find "your friend's name on the wall, she was the top student of the class last year:

http://lifeonplateau.blogspot.com/2006/04/award-of-excellence-best-rookie.html

 
At 11:10 上午, Blogger euqus said...

Orieta, I guess you're right. The two schools are both good, except that George Brown is more well known.

村上迷, I have already arranged a visit :-)

 

發佈留言

<< Home