11月 26, 2006

有排捱

Studio day today!

It took us four people to load up all the lighting equipments from Vistek that's worth $4000 deposit--a huge set up!

The Groöp Creative Studio was awesome, although it's a bit crowded with 12 people and all the lights packed inside. It's the cheapest I can find--only $100 for a 4-hour rental.



The shooting was very fun, and the kids (well, I should say the youngER adults... sigh, time flies!) liked it very much. One thing though, they kept asking me what I was doing when I was metering the light -- Eric was especially not comfortable with the gadget I put close to his face....

The studio owner was pretty nice that he helped shooting together with me, and suggested on posing--which I'm supposed to have some good idea by now! He also lent me his Canon 20D after I messed up with my Polaroid Land trying to do test shots... And brought out two lens so that I can switch!

What impressed us the most was that he printed almost 10 prints for us to bring back home!

Oh well, it all come to a price--tips (20%). But I do think this is a fair trade, isn't it?



****

At dinner, as I had expected, mom and dad brought up the topic that I wanted to make cake for the rest of my life.... (which I have to say, it's much more than that!) Anders, Florence, and I had a lot of discussion... and looks like the conclusion was pretty positive! With caveats that I need to:

1. Be prepared for failures;
2. Always have a plan where you can fall back on;
3. Life is short, follow my dreams.

Mom didn't seem like buying into this conclusion. She always think that it's dumb to give up my current job and spend my time making pastries...

Coincidently, I mean VERY coincidently, my fortune cookie said:

Don't let others stop you from doing what you know is right


And Florence gave me hers, read,

Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.


Yeah I know I just prayed for a clearer direction earlier this morning, but wouldn't this be too dramatic?

And then I came across one of my favorite blogs, and liked what the blogger said:

辭職


不約而同地,近日有兩位朋友先後向老闆遞上辭職信,理由都是一樣:對工作感到太厭倦。

我不敢對他們說:其實在倦透了的時候,有本錢和勇氣離開,而經是一種福氣。只是,大重的怨氣會把福氣驅走。

在外面的人看來,他們兩人的職業都屬於薪高糧準福利好夠穩定又風光,但不時聽到他們埋怨工作上的種種麻煩事。我知道他們不會隨便對所有人都埋怨,因為旁人大概會認為他們不知「民間疾苦」。作為一個曾經有當過高薪(?)高尚(!)的教師的人,卻很明白他們的感受。

一直相信,工作,除了因為要掙錢養活自己或別人外,應該有更重要的因素存在,有人是為了滿足感,有人是因為虛榮心,或者是為了打發時間。總之,若單純地只想溫飽,領綜援就夠了,而且享受政府醫療時還免收費呢!

然而工作不單是上班下班那麼簡單,當中的工作性質、人事關係和心境同樣重要,辦工場所可能讓你遇到最重要的人和事,當然也可能毀了人的一生,因工作壓力而自殺的事,已屢見不鮮。

走出去吧!前路未必更好,但舊路只有可見的黝暗,別忘了,最後有綜援等著你,到65歲後,還可以領生果金,到時候,可以買很多很多生果。

總之,死唔去的話,有排你捱!

***

Sigh, whatever I do, it'll be tough.

But since I have one and only one life, I'll have to do what I think is worth spending my life....

1 Comments:

At 8:16 上午, Blogger euqus said...

Oh wow!!! Thanks for stopping by. It looks like you have a great time learning in Iceland.

All the best!!

 

發佈留言

<< Home