9月 27, 2006

bringing color into my life....

So today is the first class of the color photography!! It's been a long time I haven't do any printing since the B&W class, and this time it's more fun since color printing is totally different from B&W printing... and I found it more fun! Why? Since all you have to take care of is the exposure (oh well, which is A LOT more work than B&W), and you'll enter a space-ship like door where you feed the paper in and the machine will take care of the processing for you.

So.... here's the first print I've done! Argh, the picture wasn't taken by me. The picture was from my instructor Seth Thomson.

first color print

Unlike B&W printing, in color you need to take away any unwanted color using filters (and there are 100+ different filters I can choose from!).

This reminded me a saying my friend used to put on his email signature, "Perfection is not achieved, it's at the point where you can't take anything away from it."

Hum.... may be my life needs some unwanted color to be taken away too...

Oh the picture is not a final print since there are a few more things I needed to work on, like burning the sides, and adjusting the color. This is a difficult film to work on btw, since the color wasn't represented well on the film...

And Seth is a very interesting person. He was a painter before becoming a fine arts color photographer, so he said he'll introduce some of the paintings to us :-) And he really looks like a painter too! you know, very tall and thin, wearing that painter's hat etc...

So I guess his background makes him a perfectionist? First of all, he said he'd pick on every subtle changes we need to make on a picture to make it look great. And secondly, he said he'd stay in the classroom until all of us are done with their prints!!!

And that's why I didn't get off from the class until 11-ish...

Yup, that was a 5+ hours class!

0 Comments:

發佈留言

<< Home