8月 11, 2006

sol duc again

So we went to the Sol Duc Hot Springs again with my sister's family. Unlike last September when I visited with my parents, there were a lot more people today, and the water wasn't that hot. But I think we had a good time -- although it took us almost six hours to arrive, which wasn't that cool, especially to my nieces.

Talking about my nieces, Katerina had a few funny jokes today:

1. I spent some significant effort trying to sell to my nieces that basil ice-cream is indeed yummy. Too bad they didn't really like it, so I added "tomato"... yup, tomato basil ice-cream :p And this time it's even worse -- Katerina said only Italy has such ice-cream, and she said, "May be they even have meatball ice-cream too"!

2. My sister and I were trying to race to get the bill.... and Katerina said to her sister Christina, "Let's not do that when we grow up, may be YOU should pay all the bills."

:-)

*****

The Nikkon 17-35mm lens is very heavy and bulky, but I like it more than a light weight small wide angle lens... why? The weight and size of the 17-35mm help a lot to get very steady handheld shots! This one was taken with 0.25s exposure time -- on a moving ferry ;)

Seattle night time

0 Comments:

發佈留言

<< Home