8月 14, 2006

depressing photos

The photography class used to be therapetical -- it helps releasing my pressure. However tonight was kind of odd. I think partly because I don't have enough sleep, and partly because we went through a series of sad and creepy photos. Here are the two photos I really like:

The first one was by Paul Caponigro, titled "Running White Deer", dated 1967



The motion of the deers drew my immediate attention. However after a while, I feel chaotic, tragedy, uncertain.... It was as if the deers were running away from a chase behind, but look at the trees.... don't you feel that the real danger is just behind them :-0

The second one was taken by Lewis Hine, dated 1908. The subject was a girl that worked in a cotton mill in Carolina.



What a powerful confrontation of child labor in America!

Oh, try taking out your hand, and cover the right half face of the child. Now, cover only the left face.

Do you notice that stunning difference?!

***

I'm feeling stronger that it'll soon be the time for me to move on. I don't know where the next stop is yet, but I am sure I need to visit the scenic trails in Washington before it's too late. My friend told me that he pays $1700USD for a trip that has comparable view in the beautiful PNW.

I really want to visit the High Rock with my sister, but too bad they're not interested...

0 Comments:

發佈留言

<< Home