8月 15, 2006

三國志

Yup, I stole this title...

Went to meet C this morning and had a good talk. I told C about my wish, my dream career. Although it's the same kind of career (which is, opening up a restaurant), C was very supportive this time. Why?

Well, for those who know me, I have been dreaming of opening my own restaurant for the longest time. However the stable life here in Seattle drags me back on pursuing that. But then recently I really feel like I need to jump out of my comfort zone and do what I really want to do.... Especially when I don't have a family I need to feed.

So what's my dream? I want to study culinary arts, work in a kitchen, become a chef -- a famous chef. And then 10 or 20 years later, when I have the connections and funding, I want to open up a cooking school in China, training drop out kids to get the skills they need to survive--in this case, culinary skills.

Why 三國志 then? C suddenly said, when I was about to leave, I look like a social worker when C first met me...

Ha! That opened up a can of worms inside me.... I thought that may be true... China doesn't really need good food, does she? There are parts in China that don't even have enough food to feed the people. So I figured out that social worker may be a good idea, at least I can start meeting drop out kids right the way after graduation...

Guess what my friend said about my dreams :-)

Response #1: May be you can be a social cooker :p
Response #2: Oh so and so is a social worker too and she got married (?! Getting married is not the point!)
Response #3: You're like a politician... 為人民謀福利 that kind of thing

Oh well, I'm not a politician type of person... And I think this is not self sacrificing or what. It's just... I want a life that is meaningful... Something that can satisfy myself, living a life that my kids will look up to...

So in the end, I am just thinking for myself :-) .... a little bit more for others...

5 Comments:

At 10:09 下午, Anonymous 匿名 said...

Hmm... I am still not sure what it has to do with 三國志, did I miss something? Should I go back to read my history book?

 
At 10:20 下午, Anonymous 匿名 said...

The last thing a politician does is 為人民謀福利!! So don't become one.

 
At 11:45 下午, Blogger euqus said...

志 = 心志

像三國的混亂 像三國長久的奮戰....

politician! 人大代表??

no no no...

 
At 2:34 下午, Anonymous 匿名 said...

You have reminded me of him...
http://www.jamieskitchen.net
or
http://www.channel4.com/life/microsites/J/jamie/
Check that ou on the TV and think if you like it...

GOOD LUCK..

Anders

 
At 5:22 下午, Blogger euqus said...

Yup, that naked chef is one of a few I admired and inspired by too! I heard that he got an MBA because of the cooking school thing.

 

發佈留言

<< Home