7月 18, 2006

Changed behavior

After Sassy's return from her last escape she changed a lot! She wants to go outside all the time now. Sigh.

**************

I was quite happy with the results I got from the B&W assignment last week, since I got lots of good comments from the instructor :p The assignment asked us to capture blurred motion at a slow shutter speed, and another stopping a motion at a fast shutter speed.

For the blurred motion I captured the Bank of America and surrounding buildings. How did I make a blurred motion? Actually I kind of cheated. I used 1/125 and then changed the zoom focal length within that time frame, capturing the "motion" as if I was riding on a bullet. Not a new idea obviously, but my instructor was surprised knowing that I did it all my handheld without using a tripod.

The second one I captured water drops from a faucet. Again, this was a very common idea, but the instructor said that it was the best water drop she has ever seen (and she said she came across this kind of picutre every quarter). Well, I guess luck was why I can feeze the water from dripping.

Isn't photography amazing? As a photographer you have the right to freeze any motion you like in the way you want!

Oh, the people in the Green Village were very nice to me the other day when I wanted to take photos of the chefs working in the kitchen. I was surprised they allowed me to do that actually. Uum... sunddenly I have a wild thought of taking pictures of every restaurant kitchen in the ID, sort of doing a documentary... I think this is going to be a fun personal project! And I can probably make some connections along the way.

Good, as well as bad, connections :-)

***************

Peace be with those who lost their families because of the wars... hopefully the conflicts will be all over soon.

2 Comments:

At 9:47 上午, Anonymous 匿名 said...

That's a great project. Should go ahead. Write your own documentary with photos.

 
At 8:02 下午, Blogger euqus said...

Yup! I've done two restaurants now!

 

發佈留言

<< Home