6月 17, 2006

SIFF Movies


SIFF Movies
Originally uploaded by euqus.
So I redeemed the vouchers I got from volunteering SIFF. The picture's showing three movies I am going to see. Among them, the "Stairfish Hotel" is the one I am most interested in! This movie was almost sold out, and in fact they didn't have any volunteer tickets left (since for each movie they only have a small percentage of seat reserved for volunteers). But fortunately the producer-looking girl at the box office made some tricks so that I can get a seat! Actually she is working on film development too... so I decided to donate some to the whatever film making foundation.

The "So Close, So far" is my another need-to-watch film. Hopefully someone is kind enough to pick up my housemate from the airport tomorrow night so that I can go watch the movie :-)

I have eventually signed up a B&W class offered by the Photographic Center Northwest, and have gotten a second hand 35mm Nikon FM2. Ouch! Another big money given away..... But as counselor C said, this is going to be an investment!

If you happen to buy equipments from Glazers', make sure you ask for a bargain. They usually mark up prices at least 1/3 above the reasonable online price. For example, their list price for a Nikon 50mm f1.4 was $380, whereas on Amazon it was listed for $278. Finally I was able to lower the price to $300, plus getting a free UV filter they listed $45 :-) Their second hand eqipment has pretty good price though. The FM2 costs $225 with 10% off, which is about the same price on ebay. Also I got a Hasselblad 50mm filter for only $15.

Ho gor asked me to give him tuition fee... I didn't realized it's goig to be $2000+ until now.

My bank account is going to be dried out soon.....

0 Comments:

發佈留言

<< Home