4月 03, 2006

Cambodia or not?

Inspired by a friend on a Saturday night dinner, and the pictures from flickr look really great... should I go there... solo again :-)

I tried the new China Town Vietnamese restaurant Green Leaf twice last week! The taste of the food is average, but the presentation and service are the best in China town!

Green Mango salad with grilled shrimp

The owner of Green Leaf (Peter :) has a full time job, and he usually go to help out during dinner time. His wife, who is bearing an 8-month old, takes care of the entire restaurant!

They treat their customers super good. How so? We ordered the Vietnamese pan cake:

Vietnamese pan cake

but then my friend ate a deep fried paper towel!!!! yuck, I know, but Peter apologized many times, and gave us a new dish, PLUS a free dessert Grilled Banana Cake, which was super good too!

They also have this rare dish Stuff escargot meat & pork meat, which I think can be kind of time consuming to make:

Stuff escargot meat & pork meat

Oh, my friend told me that their drinks were not that good, so I did skip it. Let me know if you find surprises though!

And then on Saturday night, a bunch of us went to Typhoon. I heard good things about them for a long time, so I decided to give it a try.

Overall the portion is pretty small (well, may be that's because 9 of us shared only 6 entrees and three appetizer). I highly recommend their Miang Kum. From their description:

Wrap a pinch of toasted coconut, shallot, ginger, lime, peanut, dried shrimp and Thai chili in a spinach leaf with Bo's signature sauce, then pop in your mouth to burst in a medley of flavors


The texture and flavor were really different, exciting, and refreshing!

Also you can't miss their Drunken Noodles and Royal Duck Curry!

Heee... I guess I had too much Nordic food last week :)

0 Comments:

發佈留言

<< Home