12月 28, 2005

The Ice Hotel, Jukkasjarvi, Norrland, Sweden

Was having dinner with a couple of friends tonight and we talked briefly about my trip to Sweden. At first I planned to just stay at a hostel and will spend the time there as thrifty as possible... but then my friend mentioned the Ice Hotel....



I went home and figured out that it's actually quite expensive to stay in the Hotel. The cheapest one costs SKE 2500, around USD$315 that is $100 less than my plan ticket. The rooms that have skylights for people to watch aurora costs around USD $350.

Sigh... I probably can't afford it. But I will definitely visit it, at least going to The Ice Church:



And visit the cool Abosolute Icebar--they keep the bar at -5'c all the time and the glasses they use are all made with pure ice!




I finally started to seriously read this book, and found it quite useful since their description of the hotel is pretty concise.

When will I be able to see all the remaining 999 places before I die?

1 Comments:

At 2:24 上午, Blogger euqus said...

Haha... this is going to be a once in a life time been there done that trip. I'm tempted to give it a try... all alone!

 

發佈留言

<< Home