12月 26, 2005

Getting ready for the Scandinavia trip

Just bought a ticket to Stockholm from SAS for less than $500 (I think this is a very good price.... going back to Toronto costs me more than $400 already) and I'll be off to the Scandinavia for about a week in March. I know... the weather is going to be below freezing point at the end of March there, but the ticket requried me to complete the trip by then.

This is the first time I'll be in that part of the world, and the first time traveling solo ..... An experienced friend warned me to be careful :-| The itineary hasn't been finalized yet, but most likely I'll take an overnight ferry to Tallinn after staying at Stockholm. Looks like this former Soviet city is pretty calm politically, as of today...

Yup, I need to be careful, and get myself prepared. I have already started searching for books on solo traveling. Here's what I have tagged so far.

I also need to learn some Swedish quick, so I bought this book:




I heard that the Pimsleur approach to learning a language is pretty effective. A friend of mine is trying out the German series and apparently it seems to be working -- at least he is speaking single words of German every once in a while.

0 Comments:

發佈留言

<< Home